The following rules apply in all contests or promotions sponsored by CIZZ FM/ The Zed, which is owned and operated by NewCap Broadcasting. By participating in any such contests or promotions, listeners agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, particular contests or promotions may have rules that are specific to those contests or promotions. If the particular rules for a specific contest or promotion conflict with the following general rules, the particular rules will control. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9
Winners are prohibited from the use or resale of prizes for financial gain. Those found in violation of this policy will be barred from any future giveaways/promotions executed by Zed 98.9.
General Contest Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 (the “Station”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal Canadian residents residing in Alberta. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap radio stations or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
2. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio. Listeners can call the CIZZ FM/Zed 99 Radio contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of CIZZ FM/Zed 99 Radio.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website, in person at the Station’s studios (4920 – 59 Street, Red Deer, Alberta T4N 2N1) during regular business hours (Mon-Fri., 8 AM – 5 PM) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
2.CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by CIZZ FM/Zed 99 Radio, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
3. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 Radio corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Generic Station Rules
1. Employees of NewCap Broadcasting, CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9, and its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
2. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
3. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the NewCap Broadcasting radio stations.
4. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
5. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
7. Prize has no cash value.
8. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
9. Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
10. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines.
11. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of NewCap Broadcasting are final.
12. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
13. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
14. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
15. CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
16. Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
17. Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, CIZZ FM/Zed ii will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
18. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the winning of a prize.
19. Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
20. In its discretion, CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
21. The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 is reserved exclusively to CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9. Its decisions shall be final
22. Apple is not a sponsor and is not involved in any way in the CIZZ FM/Zed 98.9 contests posted on our website and mobile app.